Case Study: Ashley Hall Academy
Project: In an effort to achieve LEED Silver certification, Ashley Hall, located in Charleston, SC, incorporated a rainwater harvesting system on the renovation of the school’s library and science centre.
Solution: Aquanomix provided essential rainwater harvesting system components as well as commissioning services.
- Ashley Hall has rainwater storage capacity of 25,000 gallons.
Case Study: Blue Cross Blue Shield (LEED Silver certified)
Project: In an effort to achieve LEED Silver certification, Blue Cross Blue Shield incorporated rainwater as a makeup water source for cooling towers and supply to water closets
Solution: Start-up equipment and services were provided during commissioning of the BCBS rainwater system, which included master controller, media filteration, metering pumps and water meter.
- BCBS collects approximately 12,524 gallons of water per one inch rain event.
- This equates to upwards of 500,000 gallons of municipal water saved annually.
Case Study: Durham Technical Community College
Project: In an effort to be more sustainable, Durham Technical Community College uses rainwater to flush toilets at its Hillsborough, NC campus.
Solution: Aquanomix provides continuing rainwater program management services.
- To date, DTCC has saved over 100,000 gallons of potable water by using rainwater.
- The system is currently functioning as designed.
Case Study: North Carolina Research Campus
Project: In an effort to support sustainability, the North Carolina Research Campus, a LEED Silver project developed by David Murdock, included a graywater system on the project design for the Core Lab Building.
Solution: Aquanomix provides water management consulting services for the system, including monitoring of system equipment and chemistry.
- The system captures HVAC condensate.
- 100% of building water closets needs are sourced with graywater.