“Younglings younglings, gather round,” said Yoda.
Just because water is priced too cheap in most of the world, doesn’t mean we can afford to waste it.
- Freshwater withdrawals have tripled over the last 50 years.
- The world’s population is growing by roughly 80 million people each year.
- Changes in lifestyles and eating habits are requiring more water consumption per capita. Food demands will increase 50% by 2030.
- Energy demand is also accelerating, with corresponding implications for water demand. Energy demands will increase by 60% by 2030.
- Pollution knows no borders! 90% of wastewater in developing countries is untreated.
Wastewater treatment and water reuse are critical!
This May Fourth, remember to be mindful of our most precious resource and how quickly it’s running out.
“Always pass on what you have learned,” so says the Grand Master of the Jedi Order.